Your personality and lifestyle are reflected by your home interior, so it must stand out and be unique. Best furniture selection always gives the feel and the element you choose depicts your creativity. If you choose wooden furniture, it brings flawless beauty to your house, gives an antique look, and represents your taste for excellence. It is also very crucial to treat and handle such furniture with care. One must work on the best appearance of wood by cleaning, polishing, and preventing it from molds, dust, and termites.
- Placing it in your house or any room adds a sumptuous look to your surroundings and it easily is a part of any design scheme. Wooden tones in furniture bring seamless grace to any home, as wood is naturally strong which makes the furniture long-lasting.
- High moisture content in the wood becomes the source of feed for small insects called powder post beetles. They bore into the wood and turn good wood completely into powder. The powder similar to flour is the chewed-up and digested wood that beetles have eaten.
- The growth of mold is one of the common issues with wooden furniture. Read the reason for their growth is dampness and inadequate ventilation in the room. Molds usually appear as greenish-brown patches on the surface of the wood in a humid environment and cause a slight discoloration.
To overcome all such wooden furniture-related problems, one must invest sufficient time, money, and energy into its maintenance. Now here the question arises is what measure one should take to prevent your furniture from all these damages? Following these measures will help you in keeping your furniture clean, elegant, durable, and mold-free.
- As wood not only soaks water but also retains it which is a very suitable breeding environment for molds and there are many ways, we have to prevent our furniture from further damage such as Fumigation, use of baking soda in water and spray onto your furniture for cleaning debris, dirt, and dust from it.
- Adequate ventilation and high moisture content are the root cause of all these issues so increasing ventilation in an enclosed area with fans and vents will help you in discouraging the growth of molds. Run a dehumidifier.
- Once the ventilation issue is eliminated then you can remove the mildew, debris, and molds by cleaning your wooden surface with one-part household bleach with a fourth part of water. This will not only clean the spores but also renew the look of the wood. Rinse thoroughly with water but after all this cleaning is sure to dry the area properly.
- You can also use a filter vacuum on the wood surface to clean the debris and place y vital role in the removal of loose spores of mold.
- Paint and polishing the furniture is another measure one can take savage the as it will become easier to clean dust and debris. After varnishing molds, spores and mites will not be able to penetrate the wood.